About Braun's Ranch
Howdy Partners! Welcome to Braun's Ranch Supper Club. Braun's Ranch was built in 1932 by Charles Popp and his father Albert Popp. George Weinkoetz ran the bar on the North side of the building. Henry Popp ran the garage in the middle doing auto repairs, who was Albert's brother. The gas pumps out front were run by Charles Popp and later Charles opened another bar on the South side of building and called it Tower Hill. Tower Hill was sold to Buster Brown in 1942. He renamed it to Brown's Ranch and ran it for ten years until 1952 when he sold it to Frank & Clara Muellenbach. The two operated it until 1954 and sold it to Earl J. & Gloria Ann Voelker which became Voelker's Supper Club until 1974. For over twenty years, this establishment has been know as a high-profile supper club. In 1980, Milton & Lenore Burhop established ownership until 1986. In 1987 Leroy & Candy rented the bar for three years. Mario's Supper Club entered the picture in 1993. The supper club was then purchased in 1995 by Larry & Karen Ward who ran the well-known restaurant called Ward's Supper Club until 2008. Ward's Supper Club became Izzy's Supper Club in 2008--2010 when Tom & Stacy Iserloth took over. 69 years after Brown's Ranch, the new Braun's are coming to town. Glenn, Bridget (better known as "Jet"), Chelsea & Glen J.R. are now the new sheriffs in town. After 21years at Cedar Lake Resort, tragedy struck when the building caught fire and destroyed the entire business, house and belongings the Braun's bounced back and opened the doors at Altona Supper Club in New Holstein, WI. After being closed for two years, it is now being run by David Braun, Glenn's son and Jason Hunsader. The past two and a half years Glenn & Jet were in partnership at Mr. Lucky's Charcoal Haus in Valders, WI until December 31, 2010.